Sunday 6 July 2008

Granada

Day 5

It's already day 8 and am already in France but I'm still updating about Spain. This blog thing is harder than I thought. So from now on, short short post. Well highlight of Granada is of course the Al-Hambra. Wow...beautiful beautiful that's all I can say. In the Palacios Nazarios, the whole place was intricately carved from marble, I wonder how many artist and craftsman they needed to create this place. And the gardens again, when I strike my first million I'm going to invest in a nice garden.
I'm beginning to realise that people here keep speaking to me in Spanish, and Spanish people come up to me to ask for directions, how to use the ticket machines and all sort of things. I'm a foreinger for goodness sake!! And I was thinking why...I dont even look Spanish. Then I went to the Sacromento caves, it's a man build caves where the gypsies used to live. Well there was a brief history and apparently the gypsies came from India. They were the blacksmith and craftmen of the king and eventually settled down there. So maybe they thought I'm a gypsy? Which also explaines why the gypsy ladies didn't harras me to buy their flowers or ballons or henna tattoo.








Day 6

Well on the last day in Granada, I went for an olive oil tour. We were taken to the hillside villages and were shown the olive groves and how the olives are proessed to get the oil. We even had olive oil tasting, it actually felt weird drinking olive oil like water. But for your information if you want to get a good type of olive oil, it must have a blend of fruitiness, pepper-ish after taste and bitterness all in equal composition. After the tour we went to this small village inn/restaurant and had a nice big spanish lunch. By the way the tour guide really remined me of Dr Hernandez!!



No comments: