Sunday 6 July 2008

Montpellier


Now day 7 (5th July) was quite a day. I was suppose to reach Barcelona today and take the train from Bracelona - Cerbere (France) - Montpellier - Nice. Now when I reached Cerbere I wanted to buy my tickets from Montpellier to Nice. Unfortunately I couldn't reach Montpellier in time to get the last train to Nice. And I already booked my accomodation in Nice!! Anyway when I arrived in Montpellier it was nearly 7pm so I thought I better just stay here. Once again with my heavy backpack I went looking for a place to stay. I went in the 1st hotel I saw, they had a place and I just took it. It wasnt too bad, looked like those scary looking shop house motels in Malaysia but with a French twist to it :) But Montpellier is actually quite nice, apparently it's an artist town which explains all the dancing and singing in the plaza. I decided to treat myself to a nice dinner after all the walking and heavy luggage (I think I might come back a bit muscular) While waiting for my food, I saw this lady trying to get my attention and when I looked at her, she smiled and nodded at me as if she knew me. She was also dining alone. Is there a 'special code' for lone diners like you have to acknowledge another person who's also dining alone?


No comments: