Tuesday 5 August 2008

14th July

Switzerland is so beautiful but the crappy weather is spoiling everything. Again I got up and it was raining. I decided to brave the rain to see Lucerne city. Well I spent 10 francs on an umbrella and still got soaking wet , not to mention it’s so difficult to take pictures when you’re holding an umbrella and trying hard not to wet your camera at the same time.




Basically I did a big and I mean big city walk. I refuse to pay for transportation so I did everything by feet. Started of with the Chapel bridge, which is basically a 14th century wooden roofed bridge which is decorated with Swiss historical scenes. However it was burnt down later on and had to be reconstructed, although not all the painting were recovered. Further down from there was the Spreuebruke bridge which is also decorated with eerie scenes Totentanz (Dame of Death) paintings. I like the old town with it’s cobblestones pavements and nice paintings on the walls of the buildings. Eventually I reached the main city walls, climbing up to the top of the tower to get a better view. By now, the weather was beginning to clear and the sun was coming out again so that was good. I headed to see the famous Lion of Lucerne monument before heading back.



Now when I got back, I bumped into Mimi, remember my Korean roommate whom I met in Montreux? What a coincidence! Met her other 2 roommates and spent the evening with them. Later on the 4 of us and another Italian guy went for a walk and we got lost. Our short walk lasted for at least 2 hours I think but it was fun, despite the fact that it started raining again.

No comments: