Monday 25 May 2009

July 18

Salzburg

Arrived in Salzburg and took a stroll in the old city. It's just so pleasant, the weather is beautiful with lots of sunshine and clear blue skies. Musicians serenade passerbys, classical melodies fills the atmosphere; this is truly the birthplace of Wolfgang Mozart.





'Jazz It' is this really cool jazz club which is worth a visit if you're in Salzburg. I was lucky because on that night, Wolfgang Muthspiel one of the most famaous Austrian jazz guitarist was performing. He was part of a quartet consisting of double bass, piano, drums and guitar and the performances was absolutely entertaining and beautiful. So much so that I lost track of time and soon realised that it was already pass midnight. The thing is I had to take a bus for about 20-30 mins to this place and thus had no idea if there was a midnight bus back to my hostel.

Now standing all alone in the dodgy bus station, a mad man shouting and approching me, getting abit agitated now, he's getting nearer but he's not looking at me so that's good. Glanced to the left, a man sitting on the bench with a smirk on his face, not good. Turned right, there and behold a lady is walking towards the station. I shall call her Angel. I walk directly towards Angel, and ask her which bus I'm suppose to take. Thank goodness she speaks English. What? She's waiting for the same bus, Hallelujah! Hahaha so we chatted and waited and waited and chatted and still no sign of the bus. Anyway to cut the long cold night short, there was no direct bus so we had to take one half way and walked the rest of the way. Of course I wasnt familiar with the roads so Angel (I cant believe I forgot to ask her name after talking to her for about an hour or so) walked me back to my hostel. Seriously, she was so nice. To whoever you are THANK YOU so much!

No comments: